Articles & Book Chapters
- Eikenberry, A. M., & Bearman, J. (In press). Funding collaboratives. For New Frontiers in Philanthropy, edited by Lester Salamon.
- Eikenberry, A. M. (2012). Social networking, learning and civic engagement: New relationships between professors and students, public administrator and citizens. Journal of Public Affairs Education, 18, 449-466.
- Eikenberry, A. M., & Jensen, C. (2012). Voluntary associations, nonprofit organizations and civic engagement. In Civic engagement in a comparative perspective, edited by Hindy Lauer Schachter and Kaifeng Yang. Information Age Publishing.
- Eikenberry, A. M., & Cooper , T. (2012). Nongovernmental organizations networking in disaster. M. L. Teasley & J. L. Framingham, (Eds.), Behavioral Health Response to Disasters. CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group.
- Eikenberry, A. M. (2010). Giving circles: Self-help/mutual aid, community philanthropy, or both? International Journal of Self Help and Self Care, 5, 249-278.
- Nickel, P. M., & Eikenberry, A. M. (2010). Philanthropy in an era of global governance. In R. Taylor (Ed.), Third Sector Research (pp. 269-279). New York: Springer.
- Eikenberry, A. M., & Pautz, M. (2008). Administrative reform in the United States: Toward partnership in governance. In Handbook of administrative reform: An international perspective. Editors: Jerri Killian and Niklas Eklund.
- Eikenberry. A. M. (2006). The nonprofit sector and democracy in the United States. In R. C. Box (Ed.), Democracy and Public Administration (pp. 192-211). Armonk, NY: M. E. Sharpe.
- Kim, P. S., Halligan, J., Cho, N. S., Oh, C. H., & Eikenberry, A. M. (2005). A special report of the Sixth Global Forum on Reinventing Government: Toward participatory and transparent governance. Public Administration Review, 65, 646-654.
- UNO Faculty Research International for research on giving collaboratives in the U.K. (with Beth Breeze, University of Kent).
- Fremont Area Community Foundation Nonprofit Resources Intensive Program Assessment and Evaluation. February 2012-Present.
- Omaha Community Foundation Nonprofit Capacity Building Initiative Assessment and Evaluation. January 2010-Present
- Nonprofit Association of the Midlands, Environmental Analysis of the Nebraska and Western Iowa Nonprofit Sector. May 2010-May 2011. With Center for Public Affairs Research.
- ASPEN Institute Nonprofit Sector Research Fund. Study on giving circles and their impacts on donor attitudes and behaviors. With the Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers and the Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University. March 2007-May 2009.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Research Council Grant. Giving circles and fundraising in the new philanthropy environment.
Reports and Working
- The Impact of Giving Together Report (May 2009).
- Giving circles and fundraising in the new philanthropy environment (February 2007). Report for the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Eikenberry, A. M. (2005). Civil society and participatory governance: Challenges and prospects. In P. S. Kim (Ed.), Toward participatory and
transparent governance (pp. 65-82). Proceedings of the Sixth Global Forum on Reinventing Government. Seoul, Republic of Korea: Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs.
Featured In the News